INGREDIENTS for PINANGAT
- laing leaves, shredded
- gabi leaves
- igatan shrimp (local fresh water shrimp)
- coconut cream
- arigbubuhay ( local native mint)
- a few siling haba
COOKING PROCEDURE for PINANGAT
- Mix together laing leaves, pork, igatan shrimp and place it on a gabi leaf.
- For the coconut cream mix coconut milk, garlic, ginger, siling haba, oregano, arigbubuhay leaf, salt, and pepper. Pour on laing.
- Fold the gabi leaf and use coconut leaf to tie them sealed. Stack them in a big pot then pour more coconut milk with lemon grass stalks and steam on low fire until it is fork-tender.
- Enjoy with hot steamed rice.
Visit our shop at Sogod Tibgao, Virac, Catanduanes and know more about our site tours.
Like us on Facebook! Visit https://www.facebook.com/Chefimplinglatik/